Thursday, May 1, 2014

Finger Bling

I have way too many rings. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. I collect rings like some people collect postage stamps and I would be lying if I said I was sorry about it. If you're anything like me, anytime you see something round and shiny that catches your eye, it's all you can do to not buy 20 of them. When you have enough rings to fill a jewelry display it can be difficult to know what dosage to wear them in. I am here to help all of you with your burning ringlet questions. Your day is officially made.


(None of these rules I'm creating are certified by any sort of ring organization. I am simply making them up and feel free to call me out or riot against me if they are wrong/do not make sense)

GBD ring rule #1: It's OK to mix silver and gold together. As long as you don't overdose and keep the ratio of gold to silver somewhat even, you're solid.


GBD ring rule #2: One oversize/chunky ring per outfit. If you want to make a statement with one of those huge costume jewelry rings that turn your finger green I am 100% on your side. But wear two on one hand and the deal is lost; you will look like a six year old girl playing dress-up with her plastic toys. 


GBD ring rule #3: You can never have too many midi rings. It's as simple as that. They're meant to be stacked so heap em on!


GBD ring rule #4: Get quirky with it. Rings are a simple and subtle way to be the OPPOSITE of subtle. Rings come in the most amazing and interesting designs so go out and find some!

GBD ring rule #5: Rings can make up for a lacking manicure (like mine today). It's true. If your finger candy game is strong, no one will notice your nails aren't painted. It's like when you don't feel like putting on makeup and just make your hair look really nice...these things make up for each other.

Great places to buy rings like these are
- forever xxi
- urban outfitters
- aldo
- consignment stores like buffalo exchange
- etsy.com


((Sorry for the iPhone quality photos today, guys))
- nali xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise