Monday, November 25, 2013

Trying New Things

WELCOME WELCOME to the first annual Thanksgiving GBD week. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Obviously that ^ is in reference to all the food you'll hopefully eat on Thursday, because there's nothing difficult about the tips I'll be feeding you this week. Today on #manicuremonday I tried something I made up completely in my own head so if you hate it I'm sorry. I've noticed that most nail art I've ever seen depends on the layering of different polishes, decals and nail art pens to create a design and that there were no extraction methods of nail art, so I went for it. Since it's Thanksgiving week, I played with a Pilgrim and Native American theme and created buckles and tribal patterns on my nails by scraping off nail polish with a toothpick. Here is the result:


Of course my threads had to go along with the theme as well.



blazer: mossimo @ target
sweater: liz claiborne @ savers
belt: kohl's
leggings: just one @ marshall's
shoes: jlo @ kohl's


I used tribal leggings in reference to the Native Americans and a black and white base along with the giant buckle for the Pilgrims. The wine colored jacket and shoes were just my idea of fall colors. This could also be a great outfit to wear out on Black Friday :):):) Just bouncing around ideas! This is going to be a fun week, ladies and gents.


- nali xo 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise