Thursday, November 21, 2013

A great inVESTment

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, I'm here to educate you on the elementary awesomeness of a little material I like to call denim.

It's a fabric that is always in style in the form of high and low waisted pants, and has recently re-entered the current book of trends in other forms as well (thank you 90s). My personal favorite form of denim? The jean vest. If you are a particular little bugger and pay close attention to my posts, you'll have noticed I've used this piece in many of my outfits before. Today, I wanted to dedicate an entire post to jean vest appreciation so you all can see how versatile they are and want to go to your nearest thrift store in hopes that someone was stupid enough to give theirs away. When I came across my Dakota Blues vest at Savers, it was long and weirdly fitted... don't let a small mishap like that stop you, friends. I simply trimmed the bottom of the vest, allowing it to become exactly what I wanted. 






shirt: wet seal
necklace: buffalo exchange
skirt: urban outfitters
shoes: etienne aigner

As you can see the denim brought the fanciness level of this outfit from a 7 down to a 5. LIFE HACK that's one of the many great things about denim in all shapes and sizes.

shirt: american eagle outfitters (men)
leggings: fit 2 go @ marshall's
necklace: forever xxi
shoes: free lance

It can also give a somewhat preppy look complete redefinition..

hat: michael kors
sweater: forever xxi
shorts: vintage
tights: urban outfitters
shoes: shiekh

..and still shines just as bright in a casual, laid-back outfit as well.

 Don't stop there! Vests come in so many shapes, styles and lengths...find your ideal vest today.

- nali xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise