Friday, September 27, 2013

"Before it's in Fashion, it's in Vogue...."

....After it's in Vogue, it's on Good Better, Dressed

I figured it was about time I pay homage to the bible as none of us fashionistas would be anywhere without it. There's something so timeless about the classic Vogue photo shoots from the 50s that can never be duplicated but always used as inspiration for many. Trends obviously change over time, some more quickly than others, but I find that trends from back in the 50s are always relevant whether they have been updated or not.

My sister helped me update these vintage Vogue looks for myself

1950 April Vogue

pants: bebe @ buffalo exchange
necklace: claire's 
coat: chadwick's
shirt: h & m

April 1950 Vogue

dress: hearts... @ marshall's
belt: perrie ellis
hat: auchan
coat: old navy
scarf & gloves: vintage


1950 December UK Vogue

(left)
belt:  perrie ellis
scarf: pashmina
necklace: ralph lauren @ buffalo exchange
dress: brandy melville

(right)
blouse: delia's 
blazer: forever xxi
skirt: b-wear @ marshall's


 Some of these outfits I created were more for fun and to play dress up but there's a kind of grace in wearing a 1950s inspired outfit with your own touch for a special occasion or any occasion. I hope you all have a Vogue-ified weekend.




 - nali xo










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise