Friday, October 25, 2013

Do you D.A.R.E.?

Who remembers Daren the lion? Or the D.A.R.E song? If you went to elementary school, odds are you had encounters with at least one policeman who tried to teach you the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. For many of us, those encounters were many moons ago, and maybe making thinking of those days as a flashback... perfect for today's weekly theme. When I was in elementary school, at the end of a D.A.R.E course, we were each given a quite "fashionable" T-shirt. At the time I threw mine off to the side, thinking I'd never wear it again. But recently I've seen quite a few people who are currently and purposely buying D.A.R.E. shirts as a fashion statement. Who knew something educational from so long ago would become a trend in muscle tees today? Imagine my surprise when I discovered something trendy was already in my closet with just a few pending alterations! I took scissors to the sleeves and in less than 5 minutes time was left with a new statement tee. Here's how I dressed it up


headwrap: urban outfitters
shorts: forever xxi
leggings: pink @ victoria's secret
sneaks: converse

jacket: sans soucy @ marshall's
necklace: ralph lauren @ buffalo exchange
leggings: marshall's
sneaks: no name

flannel: target
hat: calvin klein @ t.j. maxx
pants: bdg @ marshall's
boots: sm @ sears

D.A.R.E. (and any other statement tees) are cool because they go well with patterns to make for a grungy look. Whether you believe in the cause or would wear it out of irony, the D.A.R.E tee is a great updated statement for any fashionista.

 - nali xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise